Healthy teeth stimulate the jawbone, promoting the growth of bone and tissue around the tooth’s root. Once a tooth is lost, these signals cease, and the bone eventually atrophies, or decreases in mass. Over time, adjacent teeth can loosen and become lost. When a dental implant is used to replace a lost tooth, this process is halted. Healthy bone tissue is preserved, maintaining and improving oral health overall.
In addition to enhancing your health, implant-supported dentures offer a number of unique benefits including:
- Enhanced stability: Because implant-supported dentures are fixed securely in place, the possibility of dentures shifting out of place is virtually non-existent. Patients can continue to indulge in all the tough, sticky, and hard foods they love without having to worry that their dentures cannot withstand the pressure.
- Ease-of-use: Dental implants require no messy adhesives. Like your natural teeth, implant-supported dentures are anchored directly to the jaw bone.
- Improved confidence: Historically, denture patients worried their prosthetics might slip out at inopportune moments like meeting new acquaintances or during a family meal. Implant-supported dentures allow you to chew, speak and smile with absolute confidence.
The best way to replace a tooth is to mimic it as closely as possible. Dental implants do just that. Only dental implants replace the entire tooth structure: the root and the crown. This “close to nature” approach has important benefits:
- Feels and looks like a natural tooth
- Helps prevent and minimize bone loss
- Helps preserve surrounding teeth
- Improves appearance
Dentures provide both restorative and cosmetic benefits. Combining high-quality materials with a meticulous attention to detail, our implant-supported dentures are indiscernible from your natural teeth. No one will be able to tell that you are wearing dentures!